Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Chevy s10pu has no fire to ignition what do I do to correct

Customer Question

Chevy s10pu has no fire to ignition what do I do to correct this problem?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i bypass passlock code on chevy S-10 pu 5speed 2.2 4Cly?
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a no spark condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Truck starts up ok then stop. Stepping on gas pedel don't help.
OK, so you haven't verified whether it's a spark or fuel issue? Is the security light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has change out fuel pump-inliYES! Change out fuel pump-inline filter-ignition key lock & module-plugs & wires-coils-netural safety sensor traine-fuel pressure regulator-intake-throttle body
You changed the lock cylinder?
Did you relearn the theft system after you replaced that? Is the security light illuminated on the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about no spark r fire to module, is there a way to by pass it?. All the wires r color coded. Which one Is the hot wire?
There is no reliable way to bypass the system. Much easier and probably cheaper to just repair the issue at hand. Is the security light illuminated on the dash when the key is on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so how do i repair the issue at hand? & WHAT IS THE ISSUE?
I am trying to ascertain the issue. What I don't know is whether the SECURITY light is illuminated on your dash when the key is on. Does it come on and then go out, or does it stay on or flash? This is an important clue, that's why I am hung up here trying to find this information out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has been 5 mins. waiting on phone call. Yes security light continue to blink tried factory reset code didn't work
I am not in a place where I can talk on the phone with you this evening. However, the security issue is definitely the problem if the light is blinking, and a relearn isn't always the fix. It depends entirely on what the exact problem is. If the passlock sensor is faulty, it just won't relearn, ever. Retrieving the trouble codes will be the next thing you need to do here. I do not recommend trying to bypass this security system, it will be more work and trouble than fixing it correctly. But you will need a scan tool that reads these manufacturer specific codes, so we can figure out what's broken with the system and fix it up. You might be able to borrow a good scan tool at Autozone or Advance, or places like that, if you don't have access to one. But I wouldn't attempt a repair on this without knowing what the trouble code is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thks will try to get a scan tool to check out the problem further will contact u later with infro.
OK, let me know what you come up with. I'm happy to follow up and get this figured out for you.