Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet t/blazer: I have an 06 t/blazer. a trans line busted

Customer Question

I have an 06 t/blazer. a trans line busted and I lost most of my fluid. I replaced the line and I think it is stuck in limp mode. It does not change into 3rd and forth gears. How do I reseat the limp mode.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitthe transmission has 1st and 2nd gear and what happens when its supposed to go into 3rd ? does it act like neutral ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it acts like it goes into nuetral
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not really need to talk to you live.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
that is fine we don't need to talk on the phonethere is no resets for these transmissions in these trucks if the fluid if full and it is making 1st to 2nd gear shifts and shifts into 3rd but 3 feels like neutral and revs up the problem is the 3-4 clutches are worn out in this transmission due to the fluid loss when driving the truck I am sorry to say when the fluid loss happened it damaged the 3-4 clutches inside this transmissionthe transmission will need to come out and be rebuilt or a used / salvage yard transmission installed