GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Aveo: The air in my 2007 Chevy aveo stopped working

Customer Question

The air in my 2007 Chevy aveo stopped working gradually. I had a shade tree Mechanic look at it. He checked it, it wasn't holding pressure. He changed some o rings in the compressor, recharged it. It still wasn't cooling. He changed the expansion valve because he thought there was a blockage. Still not cooling. So checking it, noticed compressor shut down. We got a new compressor installed it, still not cooling. I took it to a shop. They said it was over charged and need to replace compressor. There are no leaks, compressor works and is not cooling to par. They figure there's a blockage somewhere. Help!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Welcome to our site. I'd like to help you, but I'm a little confused on how specifically I can do so; can you clarify whether you're just seeking an educated guess on what could be wrong, or are you looking for technical guidance on how to fix the issue yourself (must have tools and skills)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there something that could be wrong that is specific to 2007 aveo that fits these issues I'm having
Nothing in particular that we are aware of at the dealer. I have to tell you though, after reading all the things that happened to your A/C, it looks like you were the victim of several incompetent mechanics.If you had the time and the tools, I would gladly guide you through the proper diagnostic and repair procedures. Other than that, the best thing I can do from my end is advise you to take your Aveo to a Chevy shop or dealer so a qualified technician can work on it. Best Regards.