GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Impala: 2006 chevy impala 3.5. Issue I'm having is

Customer Question

2006 chevy impala 3.5. Issue I'm having is after you drive it and shut if off sometimes it won't start back up until it cools off. Have replaced the oil pressure sending unit and helped for a couple months but now it's back to doing it again. I noticed one time when I tried to restart it the anti-theft light on the dash flashed. Could it maybe be the key or ignition causing this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhen you say it doesnt start,,does the starter not even turn the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't even turn the engine over

Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
This could be a theft deterrent issue, and the security light is an important clue. Next time it acts up, I want you leave the key on, and observe that light. Does it go out after a few seconds, or does it flash consistently, or does it just stay lit?