Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chevrolet Trailblazer LS: My nephew is stuck at tthe beach

Customer Question

My nephew is stuck at tthe beach trying to get home . he lost his key and went to a dealer and had another made . it would not work . some idiot told him to knock out ignition and start it with a screw driver ! so they did . he says it will crank and run but only for a minute and dies . is there any way he can bypass securrity to get home and i can replace ignitio and reset security system so the dealer dont charge him and arm and leg to fix it ?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for a faster answer, he is in the military and has to be home tonite ! it has been one hour and the pop up on your site said you were ready to help me . I need an answer or i will have to head for the beach shortly to get him home !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
The reason it hasnt been answered yet is because the way the security system is wired in, there is NO way to bypass it. I'm very sorry for the delay but a lot of guys dont like to give bad news because they fear a negative rating, but i hate to see you waiting like this. I'm a Veteran so i wanted to help my fellow Veteran even though its not good news. I really hope you understand.
Larry