Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet HHR LT: I have a 2007 HHR, just failed emissions

Customer Question

I have a 2007 HHR, just failed emissions test with OBD code P0011A. I am curious where the solenoid is located and what makes up the VCT unit.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. This is a super easy fix your self. Located on the top of the valve cover at the front of the engine. Two of them stick right up. Here is the link to a picture.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9tts0bv9vcwmkty
I would replace both of them as they are common to fail and can be bought at the dealer. Napa ones are the same price and I always use dealer parts on a Important part like this. Hope this information helps its Just a 10mm bolt that holds them on. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
also make sure the wiring is good, one of the bolts that goes to the solenoid sometimes rubs the harness and causes issues, always use dexos 5w-30 oil for oil changes also. or the same faults could occur.