AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Cheverolet P30 Step van: I am working on a 1999 P30 step van.

Customer Question

I am working on a 1999 P30 step van. When truck is in gear it runs rough. When accelerating you can hear it miss every once in a while. The only fault code that is generated whie it is driving is EGR P0404. I replaced the EGR valve and no help. Will an EGR problem cause this issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The only way an EGR valve will fix this condition is if the EGR valve is stuck open. If so, then yes, this is causing an internal vacuum leak and replacing the EGR valve will fix this idle issue.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer