BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2013 Tahoe - when I'm driving my engine acts like it's going

Customer Question

2013 Tahoe - when I'm driving my engine acts like it's going to stall or something. RPM's are fine but it only goes away if you really put your foot down on the accelerator. Kind of like the engines stalling or "not firing on all cylinders". Any ideas.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me how many miles are on the vehicle and if the check engine light is coming on? Did this just start all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
60000 miles, no engine light. It's been around for awhile. It's not real noticeable but when u drive it regularly it becomes real apparent.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me if it seems to act up more at idle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's only when driving. The engine won't actually stall. It almost feels like it's a stall or just real underpowered so I have to accelerate to get rid of the feeling.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The most common cause of this on your vehicle is a problem with the valve train. The variable valve timing on this engine has a history of failure that will cause this. It can also be caused by low fuel pressure if the fuel pump is getting weak. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?