Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Chevrolet Corvette: I cant open my gas gover, fuse out? where

Customer Question

I cant open my gas gover, fuse out? where is fuse located?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.it is fuse 32 in the fuse block inside the car.PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnbm9qe1if9gnjw/0715-corvette-FUSE.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/rnbm9qe1if9gnjw/0715-corvette-FUSE.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried replacing the fuse, still not working, what next?
ok..do you have power on the fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure, how wopuld i check
sorry i missed you,,check with a test light..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried with test light no bueno
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you run out of words?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I can plant flowers in the vette, cant drive it as it is out of gas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why are you ignoring me, I paid good money
sorry,i was off line..please stand by,i will opt out,one of the other guys will be right with youthanks
Expert:  Kavey replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I see your previous expert opted out.You are checking the mini fuse 32 in the passenger compartment, correct? Are you checking through the little holes in the top of the fuse with the fuse in place? Does your test light light on any of the fuses? I dont think your test light results are accurate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U were right,I rechecked and there is power there (fuse 32) what next? oh, hello.
Expert:  Kavey replied 1 year ago.
Great. You either have a bad switch or bad actuator. Now we need to figure out where to go. We can either pull the console to get to the back of the switch or if you are comfortable testing in the wiring on the back of the fuse block we can test there to see if the switch is activating. There is a lot of wires there but I can provide a pinout showing which wire is which if you think you are up for the task. Im not sure your level of experience working on cars. Let me know how you want to go about it. We could also test back at the actuator itself really.. lots of choices.. up to you how you want to tackle it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how hard is it to pull the console? Im gambling on the switch.
Expert:  Kavey replied 1 year ago.
I think its gonna be the switch too. Just wasnt sure if you were willing to pull the console. I am attaching instructions to remove the console and switch to this post. Pull the console and get access to the switch wires and check for voltage on the orange wire and then the pink wire while pressing the switch or just jumper across the two wires and see if the fuel door opens. If it opens when you jumper across the wires then the switch is bad.Please be sure if and when you rate your service on this question you rate my service and not the other experts too just so you know. I just want to make sure credit goes to the right spot when we get this resolved. THanks
Expert:  Kavey replied 1 year ago.
Sorry forgot to attach them. Here they are.