GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Express 3500 LT: 2011 chevy 3500 6.6 duramax fuelprrg1hishrgndts

Customer Question

2011 chevy 3500 6.6 duramax fuelprrg1hishrgndts fault has no dtc but will not start without a slight shot of ether then runs perfect. all tests on scan tool correct except for this fault showing up on fuel test. thank you ben
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
First thing I'd look at would be the scan tool data again. First of all, when the vehicle has sat overnight and is ice cold, do the coolant temp and intake air temp sensors read the same as ambient temp? That is, if it's 75F when you go to the truck, and it's sat unused overnight, the coolant and air temp readings should also be 75F, or real close to that. Secondly, will it start on its own if you pump the primer on the filter housing? Also, what fault are you talking about, the letters you printed above "fuelprrg1hishrgndts" doesn't mean anything to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
filter housing pump chked that is a common problem not the problem holds pressure and temps are good .balance rates and commands are all great.changed fuel filter to be sure it was good also.Have matco scan plus when you go into fuel system scan that is when the fault fuelpr rg1hishrgndts shows up with no dtc codes at all in truck.Once truck is running it drives out great.
fuelprrg1hishrgndts doesn't mean anything. It's apparently an error with your scan tool, because that's nothing that makes any sense at all. I would find a different scan tool before continuing. I have had problems with Matco scan tools like this, they are more generic in nature and not optimal for doing what you need to do on a Duramax.