Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT: no power coming from fuel

Customer Question

no power coming from fuel control module to fuel pump? There is power to module from the battery
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the beginning of all of this. It popped fuse 21. FSCM 20a fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did replace fuel control module. Still nothing, The pump does work. I checked that by putting power to the pump.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.-After replacing the Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) it has to be programmed with a dealer level scan tool before it will activate the fuel pump. The fuel pump control module (FPCM) is a serviceable General Motor Local Area Network (GMLAN) module. The FPCM receives the desired fuel pressure message from the engine control module (ECM) and controls the fuel pump located within the fuel tank to achieve the desired fuel pressure. In simple terms, your ECM does not recognize the FPCM and will not communicate with it to activate the fuel pump.-Other than a short in the FPCM also check for shorted wiring at the front driveshaft and below the underhood fuse block. These may be the reason for the #21 FSCM fuse to blow.-I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.