Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have an 89 chevy Silverado...oil

Customer Question

I have an 89 chevy Silverado...oil drained out of it while driving about 2 miles away from home. truck lost power and now won't turn over.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This sounds like the engine "could be seized" as no oil can cause serious damage internallyIF you know the Battery is fully charged & the Starter clicks when turning the key to "crank", then you need to disconnect the Battery & try to turn the engine Crankshaft / Pulley by hand.It would be easier to turn the Crankshaft / Pulley if all the Spark Plugs are removed, but if you use a long breaker Bar & socket that fits the Crankshaft Bolt, you should be able to get it from underneath.IF the engine / crankshaft does not turn, then the engine is "seized".IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..