BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Suburban: Bob, I just picked up a 2005 chevy suburban

Customer Question

Hi Bob, I just picked up a 2005 chevy suburban with stabilitrac and awd. On the left side of the steering wheel there is a set of three buttons for the transfer case with characters on them which on a normal 4wd would be 2hi, 4hi and 4lo. Each button has a small orange indicator light and the light next to the middle button (indicating awd) is lit up and does not turn off. Is this supposed to stay on for stabilitrac or is the truck stuck in 4wd?
Myk.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my names is Bobby. Thanks for the question. If you have the transfer case with the AWD option then yes this will stay lit up unless you chose one of the*****options. This vehicle is built to remain in all wheel driven ode at all other times. If you need more help please let me know.