Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2001 suburban 1500 2wd. When accelerating from a

Customer Question

I have a 2001 suburban 1500 2wd. When accelerating from a stop I hear a squeak that initially sounded like it was coming from the rear tires. The squeak had that rhythm to it that you would expect from a rotating tire. However if i take my foot off of
the accelerator and coast the squeak goes away completely. if i reengage the accelerator it starts again until i reach a fast enough speed that the sound can't be heard. Could it be something with the drive shaft?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
since this will come and go depending on your foot into the gas pedal torquing and not torquing this issue will usually be a rear driveshaft U-Joint failing causing this noisereplacing the rear driveshaft U-Joints should correct this issue you are having