GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Chev Equinox that I talked with you previously

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chev Equinox that I talked with you previously about passenger side air bag recall. I went to GM and they tested it and said that the seat sesor was defective. Even though no codes were found. I went to the wreckers and bought a seat with
sensor . I then took it to another garage and had then flash the ECU and they also said that the seat sensor was defective and they could not detect the seat sensor. They refused to try and program the seat sensors from the wreckers. I put in seat from wreckers
and it detected the seat sensor and was functioning fine with my wife's weight. The only thing I noticed was that it was taking anywhere from 1 to 2 min to respond and turn the air bag active light on. I figured it just needed to be calibrated so I took it
back to GM because they said that they had no problem with putting a seat and sensor from a used vehicle in the car. They reflashed the ECU and said they were having difficulty with the after market remote starter which came with the vehicle and that they
were unable to program the seat sensor that it was defective. I called the previous garage that had flashed it and asked if they had any problem with the remote starter and their technician said no that it was not connected or in ant way related to the air
bag system. Since leaving the GM dealer I have had two issues with the Anti theft system locking up and I can't start the car but the passenger seat sensor is working after driving the car for about 1 to 3 min but now my drivers side air bag does not activate
until the passenger one does. I called GM and the tech said he had the same problem after he flashed the ECU and that after 2 or 3 tries with the remote start he was able to get the vehicle running. I drove the vehicle over the weekend and have not had it
lock me out since. I went out to another wreckers and found a 2007 Torrent with the exact same sensor in the seat the only difference was two numbers different one was under the bar code on the module which I believe is the serial number and the other number
is to the left of the serial Number everything else is identical. do you think it will match my vehicle system? Do you thing the GM tech made and error in the flashing or programming that could have caused all these new issues because all worked fine before
taking car there except the slow response to the used passenger seat sensor? Have included a picture of the original seat sensor module so you can see the numbers around the bar code. If you think that the one from the 2007 Torrent should work I will go back
to the wreckers and get that seat.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
this is all a bit confusing and have to read and re read it a few times, think on it etc,I just do not have a quick answer. I will get back with you as soon as I can ret think all thjis