Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet blazer (s 10): 95 blazer,4.3 vortec. has high idle

Customer Question

95 blazer,4.3 vortec. has high idle (2000rpm+) new intake plentum gasket,new maf sensor,new tps, new ait sensor,new idle control sensor, no vaccum leaks. after all this done, ran fine . for 1 day. started blazer,idle good, then all of a sudden, idle jumped to 2000+. s.e.s.light came on. shut off, tried to start, would not start. sat for 3 minuts, then started again, with high idle still......... now what??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist yousense the engine light does stay on..can you give me the computer codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tps sensor high tps low. Data stream live shows no responsee at tps. Using genises code reader. Unfortinatly my son borrowed code reader yesterday and i havent got it back yet.those were the codes when issuse started. However ive replaced that unit. Its funny that it ran good for a day then just acted up again,out of the blue. Thought id fixed it.maybe pcm? Would a 96 gmc pcm work on a 95 blazer. I have access to one if so....
ok..so,when you replaced the tps,,it fixed the problem?
do you remember the code# ***** got?
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay. No it did not fix the problem. After all the sensors were replaced and I still had the high idle problem of about 2500-3000rpm. It acted like a vacuum issue fluctuations in the idle. So I replaced the intake plenum gasket again. Rechecked vacuum lines. All good. Restart vehicle, ran fine. Thought problems were fixed. Drove car around, ran like a top. Then while idling in driveway, it just jumped up in idle for no apparent reason. Rechecked , no apparent problem found. Still idles at 2000-2500rpms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check my message's tonight for your response tonight, need to get to work. Did you see my question about switching with a 96 GMC pcm? At this point I am lost as to problem.
oklets remove and clean the iac[idle air control]valve,,sometimes these will get dirty with carbon and cause this,,make sure the iac is adjusted correctly.the pcm[computer ]will interchange if it has the same service number,,some 95 models had the obd1 and some the obd2 systems..all 96 and up are obd2 PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q7ntqj7e3ks60g/0713-s10-Front%20And%20LH%20Side%20Of%20Engine.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/2q7ntqj7e3ks60g/0713-s10-Front%20And%20LH%20Side%20Of%20Engine.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help