GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Silverado 2500: I have a 03 duramax that I have put

Customer Question

I have a 03 duramax that I have put new injectors in new return lines and banjos new high press lines and fuel pump and still getting large amounts of fuel in the oil. figured I got a bad part so I removed the pump and all injectors and had them all checked and nothing wrong. there are no leaks with the valve covers removed. any help would be much appreciated.Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Sorry to hear about this issue. It is very strange. When you say its making oil, can you give me a sense of how fast its leaking in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 quarts in 5 min
The parts you bought, were they from GM or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought the parts from a local fuel injection shop. They have been around forever. Nothing high performance.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm on the fire department as well as the ambulance service and we got busy last night. My suspicion is this, one of the injectors that was rebuilt by the performance shop has a leak in it. Which one is going to be a difficult process to find. The only way I would know how to diagnose this is using the GM tools. They have us remove the valve covers, install the lines and then crank the engine. With that much going into the oil, it would lower pressure. So we cap lines off and see which makes the biggest difference. As you no doubt know, this can only be the pump, the injectors or return lines.