Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Aveo LS: i have an 04 aveo and the alarm started

Customer Question

hello i have an 04 aveo and the alarm started going off while i was driving one day and it whould continuously chirp when the care was running for about a week or so then it stopped and now it is dead and the power locks no longer work, i replaced the door lock control (little black box under dash on passenger side) but it didnt work. do i need to do something to reset it or is there some other problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Does you car have an aftermarket alarm, immobilizer, or remote start on it?When the alarm was going off, were there warning lights on as well?
If there is nothing aftermarket on the vehicle, then I suspect the BCM is faulty in this case. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris