George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LS: 05 Silverado fan not working

Customer Question

05 Silverado fan not working on any speed.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, The blower motor speed controller fails often on this mod3l. The speed controller is under the right side of the dash next to the blower motor. Just follow the wiring from the motor to the controller connector. Unplug it and inspect the connector for burning or melting, if any is found the connector and the controller must be replaced at the same time, You will have to remove the sound panel under the dash to get to eh blower motor And the controller If you have 12 volt testlight or voltmeter I can help you check the circuit uit to be sure this it the failed part but it usually is. Let me know how I can help Thank you