GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

Chevrolet Uplander LS: Just installed reman pcm and starting

Customer Question

Just installed reman pcm and starting disabled message comes up
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.When you replaced the PCM did it come programed with the VIN#.What was the old PCM doing?Have you done the theft relearn?This 30-minute relearn procedure will relearn the fuel enable password ***** the body control module (BCM) and the engine control module/powertrain control module (ECM/PCM).Important: The vehicle learns the fuel enable passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.With a master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.Repeat steps 1–3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the ECM/PCM has now learned the fuel enable password.If additional keys are required to be learned, refer to Adding Keys.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.