GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

Chevrolet avalanche: i hae a 2002 chevy avalanche 1500. we

Customer Question

i hae a 2002 chevy avalanche 1500. we replaced rear main seal and when we put everything back together truck would not move. we have now replaced the torque converter, pulled the negative cable to reset the transmission module. everything is back together - wheels still will not turn! HELP!!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.Is the truck 4wheel drive?When you check the trans fluid. With engine off compared to engine running does the level lower on the stick?Trying to tell if the pump is working. Level should drop.If it does not you may have damaged the pump.Also if you changed the trans filter there is two types. One for a deep pan or shallow pan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob hoping you can help too. Yes truck is 4wd. no level on the stick does not change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we had absolutely no problems with the transmission when we started this process.s All we needed to do was replace remain main oil seal on engine. As soon as we put eerything back together is when this nightmare started. We checked the line going into cooler and found no oil coming out, so we purchased a new torque converter. Now that we have that in place, still nothing! We did not replace trans filter.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
When you put the trans in. Did the converter spin free to line up the bolts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it did spin free and everything lined up perfectly.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
The pump may have been damaged some how. The pump is strictly mechanical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don t see how it could have been damaged unless it was faulty when we purchased it. nothing was forced everything lined up perfectly. everything bolted in place with ease. how can it have been damaged?
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
The converter is not the pump. The pump is in the trans.
There are two flat spots on the converter that splines into the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks taking it to a shop tomorrow
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more help.
Thank you