Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: hey bob, i just bought a 2005 chevy tahoe

Customer Question

hey bob, i just bought a 2005 chevy tahoe lt. the place is 3.5 hours away. they only had one key. no fob. I didn't think to lock it with the key and unlock it. now, somehow, the tahoe is locked; and the ignition key won't open the door.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there bob?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Will the key even turn in the door, if not then the door cylinder is bad or someone has changed the key and ignition and it does not match the door. Your option now has to be a locksmith or towing company to get you into the vehicle. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris