Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevrolet grand prix: Can you help me program a remote on my

Customer Question

Can you help me program a remote on my 2007 pontiac grand prix
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place... Unfortunaetly, on this vehicle, there is no way to program a fob without the use of a scan-tool that can interact with the Body Control Module. If you have access to such a scan-tool, here is the procedure: Install a scan tool.Use the scan tool in order to access programming: Vehicle Control System/Computer Integrating System/Module Setup/BCM/Program Key Fobs.Press the START soft key on the scan tool.Important: The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 5-10 seconds , the scan tool will indicate that the transmitter is programmed.Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.Remove the scan tool.Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.