Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet S10 4x2: I have a 2000 chevy s10 2.2 an I'm

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2000 chevy s10 2.2 an I'm having a problem with cylinder 4 misfire. I have changed my spark plugs ,wires, coil packs an throttle position sensor an it's still on. I don't have a map sensor in mine but I have 17 pounds for vacuum lines. Do you know what it could be because I'm stumped
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitat idle is # ***** cylinder dead where you can pull off the # ***** spark plug wire and it makes NO difference in the idle ? but if you unplug any of the other 3 spark plug wire it will make it idle read bad and even stall ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugging #4 doesn't change anything but the 3 other plugs when unplug make the truck run worse. I have spark in #4 but it keeps through in cylinder for misfire p0304
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
and there is spark at the # ***** spark plug wire confirmed ?if so can you keep the truck at idle and unplug the # ***** fuel injector and with the truck at idle does 1 terminal in that connector you unplugged show 12 volts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work right now buy I haven't try ed that yet
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok if 1 terminal shows 12 volts at idle with it still at idle connect your test light clip to battery 12 volt power and with it at idle see if the other terminal will blink your test light bulbif you have 12 volts AND the blinking ground pulse doing both tests then swap # ***** injector to # ***** injector and if the skip moves to # ***** cylinder the injector is badif the skip does NOT move to # ***** cylinder then do a compression test on all 4 cylinders and tell me what all 4 read for PSIif you do NOT have the 12 volts or the blinking signal when the truck is at idle then either ones of those 2 wires is bad from the injector to the computer or from the injector to the under hood fuse boxif both wires test out good and you are missing the blinking pulse then the computer is badyou can always get me back through this post with any follow up for free any time with this question even after you rate us here at Justanswer !don't forget to rate us here at Justanswer !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My truck while running it seems like it wants to die an shakes alot
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
that is usually because of a dead cylinder