Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevy 1500 pickup: Cam, we are working on a 94 chevy 1500

Customer Question

Hi Cam, we are working on a 94 chevy 1500 truck with OBD1. it has intermittent codes 22 and 32. these are supposedly common codes for this 350 engine that come on together. the tps and egr were replaced by the customer and the issue still exists. Before I spend hours on diagnosis, is there a common issue with these that you are aware of? or even an old TSB that I am not finding? thanks much.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code 22 in most cases is set due to a bad TP sensor and or the circuit to it. See the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/TP%20Jul%2011.pdf
The code 32 can be set due to a bad EGR valve and or restricted EGR passages. See the steps in the link below to check it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/EGR%20Jul%2011.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This question was for Cam. I am also ASE certified. I was looking for TSB's or common dealership issues with these two codes together. It is common on these engines. the customer has already replaced the 2 components and I was already aware of what the codes meant. thanks anyway. Bill

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well I can open it back up for you if you would like, Cam has not been on for months but I can send him a note and hopefully he will respond back if you would like.