GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x2: I have a 2006 chevy tahoe and i just

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chevy tahoe and i just replaced the right front mirror glass only, and now when i press the controls on the drivers side (the left button) to bring the mirror to close against the body both sides to not fold anymore. all i did was replace the glass, what am i missing here and why doesn't it work any more?

update: after folding in both mirrors manually (by hand), then opening them with the button, the both work moving out. however they then won't close still with the buttons. So the button works in moving them out, but it won't close them why?

I would like an eta on the response please. I believe that this question was posted 2 days ago. I would like to get some sort of response sooner rather then later.

anyone, anyone at all that can give me ANY direction I would be very thankful.

Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. I am sorry that nobody got to you sooner. Did you still need some help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back with me. Was the folding mirror option working fine prior to installing the glass. Can you tell me how you replaced the glass and how it was broken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it was. left mirror out as i blackout of garage and it hit side of garage and cracked just the glass. took off glass piece easily and moved over attachment to new glass and pressed into place. yes the mirrors were working fine before install (Even after i hit the mirror).

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It may have damaged the motor on thee motor when it was hit even if it was not that hard. Do the mirrors make noise every time you try using them?