Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

Chevy S-10 P/u: I have a 2000 Chevy s-10 p/u that keeps emitting

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Chevy s-10 p/u that keeps emitting a "check engine light". The obd II fault is: P 00410. I also had a mechanic tell me to replace the secondary emission air pump fuse located behind my battery along the fender. I have replaced the pump and the fuse twice. I need to know if there is any other component inline with the pump or anything else to check to get rid of the "check engine light" and allow my 5truck to pass inspection?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
I have included the section covering that code P0410. the article explains what the code means, what possible causes there are and most importantly a troubleshooting procedure. I suggest you just follow that troubleshooting procedure and see what is wrong.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
replacing the pump because of this code, I believe was only in the winter is water froze inside the pump. Here is that tsb included. This was what that other mechanic probably read.