Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevy Impala: 2003 impala 3.4 base#5 missfire#5 injector

Customer Question

2003 impala 3.4 base
#5 missfire
#5 injector bad
#5 intake and Exhaust valves pulled outta hear
loud knpok even aftre repairing Inj.nand Valve rockers
Cant see the relation between the three separate problems that appeared simultaneously
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 impala 3.4 base #5 miss fire #5 injector bad #5 intake and Exhaust valves pulled outta the head. Has a loud knock even after repairing the Int. and Exh. rocker studs with helicoil. I cant draw a straight line between the bad injector, the rockers on the same cylinder coming loose and the knock which sounds like a rod.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs smooth and quiet now with the exception of the knock
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This does sound like a possible fault with the crank bearings for the cylinder affected,this may be due to high compression due to the valve being stuck closed possibly that may have damaged the cylinder walls or bearing.
Thanks Pete