sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 LT: Have a 2007 chevy 1500. All the

Customer Question

Have a 2007 chevy 1500. All the brake, turn signal, license plate and runing lights flash when i use the turn signal when the day time run lamps are off.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the same time i lost my cruise control
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a short between circuits but I would first suspect a ground issue. A poor ground to a light will cause that bulb to try to ground through another circuit when turned on, causing other lights to come on.
The problem could be a poor ground because of a wiring issue, you may have circuits shorted together (trailer wiring or a 4 way adapter are common places for this to happen), or it could be an issue in one of the rear lamp housing circuit boards. The circuit boards are a common cause of problems like you're having. The first thing I would recommend is unplugging the tail lamps one at a time and see if the problem goes away.