Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chevrolet impala ls: 2000 impala was wroking fine now the security

Customer Question

2000 impala was wroking fine now the security system wont allow the car to be started evena after waiting 10 mins
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
There was a very major flaw in security system on this car and it affected many GM vehicles in this year. You can try the 30 minute relearn for the system by following the steps below but there is no guarantee that it will correct itself. Most people i have worked with over the years decided to buy a bypass kit and have it installed because it bypasses the system and wont leave you stranded. Usually the problem starts with the ignition key cylinder needing replaced but can then snowball into other components and really create a nightmare for you. If you decide to buy it keep all this in mind. Below is the website that sells these kits and you can read about all the problems they had with this.
www.newrockies.com
Below is the relearn for the system be SURE to follow it VERY carefully and maybe it will work, but like i said, it's just a matter of time before it acts up again and leaves you stranded. It's a nice car and you probably didnt want to hear this but i have to be honest with you and warn you about this flaw.
copy the link below to a new window to view it and you should print it out so you have it in hand when performing the relearn.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/GM%20theft%20relearn.pdf
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.