Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Chevrolet: My 86 el camino keeps sputering/misfiring,

Customer Question

My 86 el camino keeps sputering/misfiring, but I've checked the whole ignition systèm and everything in it functions. I think it's vacuum related. But the car had a 350 swap from a 305, and the guy before me just ripped out Damn near all the emmissions/vacuum related stuff. All I can see that was on emmisions diagram was the- EFE (HEAT RISER)EFE TVS, vapor can,;;-
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check the fuel system for any issues like a restricted fuel filter or vacuum leak on the engine.I have seen these cause this type of fault here and had to repair the fuel issue or vacuum leak to correct this issue.If these were or are checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was actually able to fix the problem the other day. It was carburator problems. I just properly tuned it. So I would like to cancel this assistance. But thank you very much for the assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I solved my own problem before I got s response from you guys, I would like to request a refund. Please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can I please get my refund?