Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevy 3500hd duramax 4wd crew: 2008 1 ton chevy duramax 4wd

Customer Question

2008 1 ton chevy duramax 4wd will turn over but engine will not crank. used starting fluid and it cranked and ran fine. runs good and smooth after it cranks. what to do?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure the fuel filter isn't restricted.This is the main cause for this issue here.If this is found to be o.k. this can be an issue with a fuel leak with the fuel system sucking in air past the fuel lines or a fuel connection which causes hard starts or no starts like this.
Thanks Pete