Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Chevy Technician
Experience:  30 Years Experience repairing, customizing, and building chevys.
9795573

Chevrolet Monza: I have a chevy engine bored out to a 360 that

Customer Question

I have a chevy engine bored out to a 360 that runs on alcohol and number 1 and two cylinder won't make the header hot unless I Rev it up . would you have a thought on what's wrong
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background,and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time. I would start with a compression test, tight valves can cause this problem, that is why we need to look at the compression. I would also consider moving the spark plug and wire on the dead cylinders to different cylinders. We would be trying to see if the miss follows the plug and wire. I would also look for vacuum leaks on the cylinders missing. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I had a carberator on there that was to big for the motor
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
I just saw this question was still open. A carburetor being too big will do the same thing to all cylinders. So that wont be the problem. You need to check spark and compression on the dead cylinders. Check the plugs, and plug wires on the dead cylinders.