Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

Chevrolet Traverse LS: I have a 2009 chevy traverse AWD and

Customer Question

I have a 2009 chevy traverse AWD and the check engine light is on. I pulled the code and it was a P0449 Evap emission control system vent valve/sol malfunction. I was told that it could be the vent valve solonid off the canister near the fuel tank. I cannot find the part under the vehicle. Is there something else it could be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, the dtc P0449 is for the EVAP vent solenoid valve, the solenoid valve need to be replace and it is on the top of the fuel tank on the EVAP canister, the fuel tank need to be remove to access the vent solenoid valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, is my goal to deliver excellent service, let me know if there is anything more I can help you