Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Vovo Penta: I have a 1996 chevy 350 marine application.

Customer Question

I have a 1996 chevy 350 marine application. I have a felpro marine gasket set. The set came with 8 plastic umbrella type seals, 8 rubber seals, and 16 o rings.When taking the springs off I only see an o ring on the exhaust valve. There are no plastic seals on the exhaust vales, jus o rings. Can you tell me if the exhaust valve gets a plastic seal as well as the o ring? Or is the plastic seal for a different application?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youit is for a different application,,yours has the oem o-rings...but i always like to install unbrella type seals on all 16 valves
you can buy the umbrella valve seals separate..i like using them on a worn engine just because it may deter some oil from going though the valve guide...if the engine has tight valve guides,the 0-rings will be finethanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.