Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevrolet: My 2011 Chevy Malibu has 49,700 miles on it. I

Customer Question

My 2011 Chevy Malibu has 49,700 miles on it. I was going to take to dealer. What tune should be done @ this age of the car?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
At this mileage, there was a semi-involved maintenance due at the 45,000 marker. The closest to your actual mileage is at 50,000 which is extremely minro and involves only replacing the engine air filter. The next semi-involved interval is at 52,500. Both the 45,000 and the 52,000 are a lot of 'inspections' of items and then replaced as needed. But, at this mileage, items being faulty now wouldn't be very common. I'm going to wrap up the 3 service intervals into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing, for you to take a look at. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not much info. But then I'm no mechanic. I'll take to dealer and hope he doesn't rip me off. Tks.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Download the PDF file to see what "needs" to be done at your mileage. As for what needs to be "replaced" - as of now, just the Air Filter! Like I say above, most of the current maintenance needed involves just "inspections" which would be nothing but Labor. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour.