Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

Third time i have a 2005 trailblazer the drivers

Customer Question

for the third time i have a 2005 trailblazer the drivers control panel wont work any windows locks or mirrors i checked for power and ground they are good i replaced the module with a certified used on and had the program checked at the dealership and
it is good i can plug the module into the passanger side and it works the windows and locks i plug the passenger side in the drivers side it does nothing i can see nothing wrong with the wiring no bent pins or bad wires i cant see it being a wiring problem
because it wont work any of the windows locks or mirrors. where does my problem lay
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, I apologize for the delay, there are two power wires, one is a circuit breaker #2 and a fuse named DDM which is fuse #10 they are in the fuse block under the left rear seat, if you already check power and grounds those two wires have power and the ground is good, the next step would be check the data communication in the drives door module, is there a way you can connect a scan tool and be able to communicate with the drivers door module? If it has good power and ground and the data line is open or shorted the module won't work, check the wiring harness by the black grommet that is by the door hinges sometime with the opening and closing of the door some wires can break causing an open