GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Equinox LT: I have had the sway bars links changed

Customer Question

I have had the sway bars links changed some time ago, but have the clunking when the car starts and while I drive the car and also when I turn the car off too. Just changed the rear transmission mount a day ago. This noise started last week and went away and now came back today?? Not sure what could be wrong or if I'm doing any damage driving it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Sorry the expert you requested is not replying. Did you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes if someone can review my problem, if not I'll cancel my order and ask for a refund
I understand. Let me see what we can do. Can I get your name please? With your noise, can you hear the noise if you are stopped and you simply shift from reverse to drive and back again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and the noise can be heard while the car idling, driving, moving into and out of gear. Most noise is while driving in front drivers side
OK Ann Marie, I think you are on the right path thinking a mount. Have you been able to isolate the mount or area it seems to be coming from when idling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet but the sound was there last week, then stopped and now came back again-the steering is fine just a lot of vibration and clunking
OK, I want to say sorry, your replies are not pushing through straight away, but I am getting them. IF you can, get a second person to listen and feel around. I am thinking there is an engine or transmission mount loose, grounding out or something that is causing the noise. we are looking for any shiny metal that would indicate something is moving and contacting. I understand how frustrating this can be, noises like this are hard to trace down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help and hope my Dad and husband can figure this out too.
I have no doubt. Let me know what you/they find.