Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Let me try this again i couldnt get your answer through to

Customer Question

let me try this again i couldnt get your answer through to me sunday. i have a 2005 chevy trailblazer the drivers control panel will not work any of the windows or the door locks or the remote mirrors. i replaced the module with a certified good used one i had the program checked at the dealership. it has constant power and ground. if i take the control from the passenger side it will do nothing when i plug it in drivers side yet i can take the driver side control panel and plug it in to passenger side and it will work windows and locks. i have checked the wires as far as i can but i cant see wiring being bad to all functions can you tell whats wrong in the next 15 minutes i cant wait until tomorrow because i cant get you back to get an answer for some reason
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
This is a very good time to be using a quality scan tool, because this door module has scan tool diagnostics, so you can see on the scan tool whether the module is online, and what the commanded functions are doing. A good scan tool makes this diagnosis much simpler. It absolutely can be a wiring issue, despite having power and ground, what we don't know is whether the module is communicating on the data bus, and without communication, it won't work. Again, a scan tool will confirm this. I suspect that you have a wiring issue in the bellows pass through between the door and the body, it's a common place for wiring to break in two and cause a variety of problems like this. Pull the bellows back and look very closely at all of the wiring, and repair as necessary. If you can't find anything there, professional diagnosis would be the cheapest route for you, as a scan tool makes this pretty easy, and it's just about impossible to verify these things without a scan tool.