GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Sierra: I have a 2009 GMC Sierra Duramax that has

Customer Question

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra Duramax that has 2 codes that seem to be hard codes they are P0700 and C0561 I am wondering if the C0561 is causing a shift problem? and would these codes be related?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, have you check for DTCs in the transmission control module? DTC P0700 is indicating that there is a transmission code stored in the transmission control module and DTC C0561 is indicating that there is a either transmission or engine code stored and it disable the ABS system, I would check what DTCs are stored in the transmission control module
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have run a complete scan of all controllers and there are no codes in the TCM only the 2 that I mentions

Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
The P0700 because is a transmission code may cause shift issue, hold on for a little bit let me put you back on the question list maybe one of the other experts have a little bit more information
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to communicate with the TCM with your scan tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes when i went in to TCM it says comunicating then says no codes present

Sorry for the delay, I was away from the shop yesterday unavoidably. Try looking at some TCM data and see if you can read the data lines. Some scan tools will fail to communicate, then report "no codes" when actually there was no communication in the first place. Reading live data will eliminate that possibility, if you can read live TCM data, then we know that communication is taking place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Thnks customer has vehicle i will get back soon please keep this open .......Phil

Sure Phil, just update here whenever you have more info, and I'll be happy to follow up with you.