Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

Ok, I put on a positive battery cable on a 5.3 Tahoe. there's

Customer Question

ok, I put on a positive battery cable on a 5.3 Tahoe. there's two leads, one goes to the starter the other up to a junction on the fire wall. I put the leads back on the same post that I took the old one off. now when I try to connect the battery the engine turns over like it was hot wired. I have no idea what is going on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, check the end of the cable that goes to the starter, it sounds like that part of the cable is touching the stud on the solenoid where the purple wire is connected and supplying battery voltage when you connect the battery, make sure the cable is away from the solenoid stud
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that was it. I couldn't see it because I was working through the wheel well. thank you
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, let me know if there is anything more that I can help you