Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT: Gas gauge is saying low fuel when

Customer Question

Gas gauge is saying low fuel when it's full. Now all it does is crank over like it's starving for fuel. It flashes between security to low fuel. Security pass code ??!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
if it is a no fuel pump working for the no start, the common denominator is the plug on the fuel pump module at the top of the tank. both the fuel pump and the fuel gauge work from this connector. gm had a lot of issues with this connector and have since upgraded it to a different design with replacement of the module.
can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn on the key??? it will only run for 2 seconds
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mechanic replaced something that has to do with emissions above gas tank. What's crazy is it did this two days ago but it sat over night because I thought fuel sending unit. My son turned the key to roll windows down and it started and ran. But after a couple or starts it didn't stsrt again. Something shut down and I heard security passcode. How can we over ride it
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
you heard security??? please explain..
there is no over ride. if there is a failure in security it has to be checked and repaired.
did you try another key???
what exactly did your mechanic replace???
Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
Since you have posted 2 more questions on this, I assume you are not satisfied with our conversation which has just started.
Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some other mechanic said the weather being hot and humid can set off this problem. They say unplug engine light and turn key to on and wait minutes to hours for it to reset itself