GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Corvette: My 2005 will not blow any type of air from

Customer Question

My 2005 will not blow any type of air from the dash vents, if I put the air on it comes thru the defrost vent
The heat comes from both floor cent and the defroster vent
Thanks for any info
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 1 year ago.
This problem is caused by a bad mode door actuator. When the a/c computer gets a fault code from the actuator, it defaults to defrost only. You can try and recalibrate the system by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and then starting the car. The recal takes a few minutes then you can try to change the mode to see if this worked. If it does not work, then the actuator has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take to reset, my Vette was parked about 7 months. it didn't pass the emmisions until I drove it about 3 weeks
The actuators will calibrate in a few minutes after starting the car. You must first remove the battery power from the car then restore it, start the car and wait a few minutes to see if the actuators will work correctly. If they do not, then the bad actuators will have to be replaced..