Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 , the 4x4 does not work. None of the 4x4 lights are on and there is no service 4x4 lights, , any sugestions ?? Thanks, Henry
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitwhen you first key up the ignition in the truck will the 4WD lights all bulb check or light up on the switch then shut off with no case position ?or the switch lights will not even bulb check ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The 4x4 switch lights do not light up, , is that What you mean by buld check ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
yes it iscan you first be sure the fuse called 4WD in the inside fuse box is good and see with the key ON if that fuse shows 12 volts at it also in the under hood fuse box check the fuse called ATC for it being blown and make sure it has 12 volts at it with the key ON
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok,, I'll do that when i get home from work.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if those check out good then disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect both battery cables will it bulb check and work after you do that ?