GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1: I have had 3 ZR 1 corvettes 2011 and

Customer Question

I have had 3 ZR 1 corvettes 2011 and 2013 all three smelled of fuel in my garage
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 1 year ago.
Have you had the cars inspected for fuel leaks? can you tell if the odor is coming from the rear of the cars? do any of them have a check engine light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no fuel leaks but also got a Gm bulletin that when taking off a slow surge was normal 6 weeks ago i was on highway 595 in florida when getting off the exit noyiced my hood on fire i pulled over and lukily a state trooper came after he called the fire dept he came to my widow ad said to hold the console and kick the door it opened and he grabed me fire now in cockpit singed my right atm but was out then the fireman said to step back because there was not enough foam on the car within second the fire hit the fuel tank and the car totally exploded after fire out i found my wallet adn keys went with toe truck to leave car i ended up in the hospital for 4 days intensive care then regular room when my blood oxygen was 95 i was released car is gone WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS A GM TEAM IS COMING JULY13 TO GO OVER CAR I ALMOST DIED
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TRY(###) ###-####
I am not really sure what has happened with your car, was thinking of the fuel tank leaking at the fuel pump but since you fire started under the hood while driving, then its likely not the issue I was thinking of. Let me release this question back to the other experts, one may have a answer for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I AM WAITING
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FORGET IT CANCEL ME NOW I HAVE CALLED AMEX TO DISPUTE THIS OPT ME OUT NOW