GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My truck won't start. It just makes a 'Ckick' sound on the

Customer Question

My truck won't start. It just makes a 'Ckick' sound on the starter. Could it be a faulty starter?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My truck won't start. It just makes a 'Click' sound on the starter. Could it be a faulty starter?
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 1 year ago.
This could be due to a bad starter or a weak battery. You should have the battery checked first to make sure that its not the problem. A weak battery will let the dash and radio light up but may not have enough power to turn the starter. A bad or loose connection at the battery can also do this. You can try to jump start the truck, if the truck starts, the starter is not the problem. You can also remove the battery and take it to your local auto parts store, they can load test it to see if its good or bad. You can also try and hit the starter with a hammer while some one is trying to start the truck. If the starter has a bad spot, it may start to work when you jar it. If it does start to work, then the starter is the problem.