Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ: is there a way to reset the factory

Customer Question

is there a way to reset the factory parental control on a 2011 Suburban? It is a 4 digit code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Parental Control feature, dependingon which radio the vehicle has. Tostart Parental Control, press andhold the radio power button for morethan two seconds to stop all systemfeatures such as: radio, videoscreen, Rear Seat Audio (RSA),DVD, and/or CD. While ParentalControl is on, a padlock icondisplays.The radio can be turned back onwith a single press of the powerbutton, but the RSE system willremain under Parental Control.To turn Parental Control off, pressand hold the radio power button formore than two seconds. The RSEreturns from where it was previouslyleft and the padlock icon disappearsfrom the radio display.Parental Control can also be turnedoff by inserting or ejecting any disc,pressing the play icon on the radioDVD display menu, or changing anignition position..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
also;
(Power): Press to turn the radio
on or off. Turn clockwise or
counterclockwise to increase or
decrease the volume. Press and
hold for more than two seconds to
turn off the entire radio and Rear
Seat Entertainment (RSE) system
and to start the Parental Control
feature. Parental Control prevents
the rear seat occupant from
operating the Rear Seat Audio
(RSA) system or remote control.
A lock symbol displays next to the
clock display. The Parental Control
feature remains on until the knob is
pressed and held for more than
two seconds again, or until the
driver turns the ignition off and exits
the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not work. I have tried to hold the button and turn back on but a padlock never appears. This car was purchased used & the previous owner created the passcode. This is the screen it gives me
.
sorry for the problem..........
Because the previous owner created the password, use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to override & RESET
apprx 1 hour labor
.
.
the only Override is for the Rear Entertainment & the default number is
136900