Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LS: Hey Tim. 2005 Trailblazer LS.

Customer Question

Hey Tim. 2005 Trailblazer LS. Battery replaced yesterday and idling has been rough since. Last night after a short drive I shut it off for 10 min. Went to leave and it won't go into any gear. There is a small thump sound in the steering column when shift button is pressed and the gear selectee moves very freely. Also a tapping (relay?) noise from inside passenger rear cargo area.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
After a battery disconnected or replacement clean the throttle body of carbon using a shop rag with some carb. or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag.The computer needs to relearn the idle position.
As for the shifting issue here if the shifter is moving but the transmission is not engaging this can be an issue with the shifter cable itself as I have seen this cable fail and can cause this.I would have this checked to see if this is the cause here.
As for the relay sound see if you can locate which relay or component is causing this as there are several electronics in your vehicle that can cause this so its hard to say for sure from here what is causing this without knowing the component.If you can locate the source and point out what it is or where it is exactly this will help.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete