GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: Have a 2009 Silverado duramax

Customer Question

Have a 2009 Silverado duramax diesel. Backed out of a parking stall and went to put in drive and the stabilitrax indicator came on with loss of power. I took it to my mechanic and he replaced ignition switch. no help. replaced the safety control switch and fixed problem, however problem got worse when he had it and I also noticed you could shift into reverse or drive but dash would not highlight which gear it was in. after he replaced switch it shifted and worked for a very short period of time then went to back up and though shifter went to positions engine just revved w/o moving. let truck set a while and tried again and shifter highlighted and truck moved. please help. 200,000 + miles
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please? Also its been a time, sorry for the delay, do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was the tcm. Thanks
Ok.