GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My tahoe makes this constant chirping noise, sometimes more

Customer Question

My tahoe makes this constant chirping noise, sometimes more when I accelerate. It started a few months with the power steering. I have replaced the power steering pump, ps lines, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, fan belt, Ac belt, but it is still making
the noise. Usually after I replace a part it quits for 2-3 weeks and then starts up again. I no longer have any issues with the ps, but thought I would mention it. The noise doesn't seem to affect anything other then the damn noise!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, I apologize for the delay, when the power steering pump was replaced did you make sure the pump pulley was not too far in or too far out? The pulley should be flush with the pump shaft